Casino themed parties have become very popular – especially if the ‘James Bond’ theme is added, and everyone has to dress up.
If you’d to like to through your own casino theme party, but aren’t sure where to start, this post will break it down for you.
- Decide on your budget. This is an essential step and will impact all of the decisions later on.
- Draft an initial guest list. It can change slightly later on, but it is helpful to know how many people you will be catering for.
- Find a venue. Now that you have your budget and an approximate number of guests, you can find the ideal venue for your party.
- Choose the date. It is important to do this early on, especially if your venue is popular and fills up quickly.
- Choose your games. There are many games to choose from for a casino party, but blackjack and roulette are two of the most popular.
- Hire the dealers. You could run the games yourself, but that can be quite stressful and you will end up working on the night of your party rather than just having fun. There are companies or individuals who will hire out the full set-up, including the dealer, for the night. This is a much better option if you can afford it.
- Send out the invitations. For a fun twist on standard invites, print them on plain card stock, and stick them on old playing cards.
The Finishing Touches
- The decorations. If you are hiring a company to set up the games for you, they will have everything you need to make the party look ‘authentic’.
- Party favours. Give your guests casino-themed party favours as a ‘thank you’ for attending, as they leave. Fun ideas are a set of themed playing cards, mini gumball slot machines, or dice keychains.